Being a professional archer or mastering archery as a hobby or sport entails you to have a good level of accuracy and be able to maintain it. Mastering accuracy for archery does not happen overnight. But with perseverance and patience, you should be able to develop this skill and even have the chance to turn into a pro in this sport.
To improve your accuracy, you can do the following tips:
* Practice, practice, practice. This shouldn't be the first time that you'll here the saying that "correct practice makes perfect." The saying holds true for archery as well. An hour a day of practice will lead you a long way. Constant practice will help you grow familiar with your bow and arrow. Just like any other sport, archery calls for dedication and discipline for one to master it.
* Find the perfect posture. Before one is able to hit that mark accurately, one needs to find that comfortable stance in handling his bow and arrow. And in order to do this, one must know how to balance oneself and stand right with his two feet spread evenly on the ground. You can try doing various stances until you find that which makes you feel most comfortable.
* Be physically fit. Yes, archery is a mental sport. But it is not just that. It also entails a lot of physical strength for you to be able to carry your bow and arrow well, hold them right, stand firmly on the ground, etc. Weak arms and hands will definitely make you lose your focus, and thus, your accuracy.
* Develop focus and concentration. You cannot achieve accuracy if you easily get distracted by your surroundings. If you easily jump with the slightest bang or clank, then archery would be difficult for you. To sharpen your mind, you can practice with music so you can get used to playing and concentrating despite distractions in your immediate environment.
* Have fun and enjoy the game. Before you forget, archery is a sport and a game that is meant to be enjoyed. Do not be so preoccupied about perfecting those skills when you're not even enjoying and having a blast while practicing. Just relax and try to learn and perfect these skills with a smile on your face.
There are currently no comments on this post. Be the first one!